The David R. Obey Ice Age Interpretive Center is 7 miles east of New Auburn and 1.9 miles east of State Highway 40 on County Highway M. Geographic coordinates are 45° 13′ 13.32″ N, 91° 24′ 39.7″ W.
- Vehicle admission stickers are required at the North and South Shattuck boat landings and at the trail head on County Highway M. There is a self-registration box at each location.
- Camping in the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
- Chippewa Moraine State Recreation Area is part of the Ice Age National Scientific Reserve and Federal passes are honored. Holders of National Parks passports receive a waiver of the vehicle admission fees, but camping fees are not affected.
Friends Group and volunteering
- The Chippewa Moraine Chapter of the Ice Age Trail Alliance helps to build, maintain and support the Ice Age Trail within the reserve.
- State Park System volunteering opportunities